Thursday, August 24, 2006

Skypein' my inbox

I've seen some pretty impressive integrated tools and extensions for Firefox recently but I'd never seen any for MS Outlook, until today...

Skype, is a much loved VoIP service that allows users to chat, conference, send messages and share files for free. I've been using the service for sometime and find it really useful. As I was updating this evening I noticed they have launched a series of plug-ins for Outlook, Outlook Express and Thunderbird, that claim to allow you to:
  • Call Skype Names and phone numbers written in emails
  • See when your contacts are online
  • Start instant messaging in follow up to emails
  • Add a Skype Button to your email signature, so other people can just click to call you


It's up and running on my inbox but only time will tell how useful it will be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home